Difference between revisions of "Compile to jvm"
(change category to Book)
m (5 revisions: initial import from SamrtEiffel Wiki - The Grand SmartEiffel Book)
|(2 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)|
Revision as of 22:04, 3 March 2013
compile_to_jvm is an alternative compiler that produces Java byte-code. It generates a subdirectory named from the main class of a project that is suitable for either direct execution or JAR generation.
compile_to_jvm [options] <Root-Class> <Root-Procedure>
compile_to_jvm [options] <ACEfilename>
This tool works similarly to the standard compile_to_c compiler and thus shares many options: assertion control, path loading...
Current (2.2) specific options are:
- -jar: tell the compiler to also produce a .jar file of the project
- -run: tell the compiler to automatically run the project after successful compilation
- -use_jar <jar>: use <jar> application to generate the .jar file instead of the default one (implies -jar)
- -use_jvm <jvm>: use <jvm> to run the program instead of the default one (implies -run)
- -extern_compiler <compiler>: Use the Java <compiler> compiler to compile plugins and runtime
- -ss <size>: Set the maximum stack size to <size> (implies -run)
- -mx <size>: Set the maximum heap size to <size> (implies -run)
- -ms <size>: Set the initial heap size to <size> (implies -run)
- -classpath <path>: Set the path which is search for compiled classes (implies -run)